Friday, April 4, 2014

The beginning of another new adventure!

I know I haven't been on here since the beginning of March, and for that I am sorry.  In that time alot has happened too.  So let me get you caught up.

My Albert Lea event was rescheduled to April 5th-- tomorrow.  I'll be at Cup of Faith from noon-two pm and at Book World from three-five pm.  Since April is Sexual Violence Awareness Month, and as you probably guessed that is one of my big topics I'll be speaking a little about it, and then reading a section of The Key to Her Heart and signing your copy.  I'm really looking forward to meeting anyone who plans to visit with me!  The next event after this is in Des Moine on April 25th & 26th and I believe the details on that one is on my web site.

Last month I needed a break and I didn't even know it at first. I didn't realize how close I was to a melt down until I spent a week in Florida with the most gentle, peaceful people I know--  that would be Todd's parents.  In a matter of eight days they helped me restore a little sanity into my life.  Five months of the year they live in Florida right on the beach and they invited Hope to spend a week with them and to bring a friend.  She decided I, her mom, was her closest friend and so chose for me to come with her, and that also meant Tory since she's linked to my and Hope's hip most of the time.

Eight days of swimming, walking the beach, and soul searching would do anyone good.  For me it was restoration to peace, calmness, and straight thinking.  I needed that more than my words can express.  I spent alot of time in prayer, Tory almost completely potty trained herself, and Hope got a ton of rest and exercise.  It was awesome!

Since Lent started while I was there, I started a spiral of prayer that continued after I got home-- especially when the day after I returned everything went crazy enough that I wished I'd never come home.  That led into an incredible novena (nine day prayer where I spent morning, mid-morning, noon and evening in prayer) which literally change all of the lives in our family.  At the end of that we began a serious house hunt.  We found a beautiful century old house that we all fell in love with, and today we found out it is actually going to be ours!

Now we go a little more crazy for the next six weeks trying to get things packed, sold and given away so we will be ready to move.  I have been praying for ten years to move, and very fervently since October--  Two weeks ago it seemed near impossible.  Today we know we are closing the middle of May!  No complaints-- so don't get me wrong.  It is my dream house!

All the time I was a kid I dreamed of a big old house with a veranda and a wood stove.  It had to have lots of windows and of all things window boxes.  I like to grow things. It has all of that.  Plus about eighteen of my twenty wants, and a boat load of the things we need.  We are all so totally stoaked!  I am dancing inside just thinking about it.  Meg squealed when I told her we got it!  Meg doesn't do that either, so I think she is almost as excited as I am.  Tory for the first time asked to take her nap in her own bed--  She doesn't ever do that!  Peter breathed a big sigh then went around the house jumping up and down.  He may have done his own version of a squeal, but he does do that all the time.  Needless to say we are just a little jazzed. (A little being the BIGGEST understatement of the year!)

So-- well another new adventure is starting, and my publishing adventure is still going, and well this is really the way I like life.  I tell you I am finding an adventure with God too...  That though is a story for another time-- Maybe you'll ask me about it when I meet you in person!  Plug-- Plug-- Plug--  Come visit me at one of my events-- PLEASE!

Right now this is Cat out wishing everybody out there a worthy adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment