Saturday, December 7, 2013

New Computer-- great and groans

So around the time of my last post my computer started having issues...  Like it would turn itself off at odd times, and once in a while would overheat.  So my super techie husband says "I think it's a cooling fan issue."  I am not a techie at all--  not one ounce-- nada.  So I say "Well can we fix it?"  He groans.  Translation, not easily, and not les expensive than getting a newer one.

 We were only a few days away from Black Friday anyhow, and I had wanted to get something more portable-- and with more battery life, but until this issue came up had given up on it because our finances aren't the greatest.  But this was a big deal.  With trying to get The Key to Her Heart out and now doing all the stuff to get it noticed a computer is a must.
 So long story short I got a new lap top.  It's smaller and more portable with Windows 8 which is a little bit a pain in the butt!
 For the most part I like it, but because I am not a techie this has been-- shall we say-- an interesting transition.  I think I want to just stick with this machine for a long time because trying to get things transferred over and working, and me learning how to get places all over again is a little like teaching an older cat new tricks-- it doesn't work and the claws sometimes come out when I don't mean for them too.  So excuse me for not posting in so long, but here is my first post since I got my new computer--  Computie--  that's the name of all my computers. 
I tend to name things.  My van's name is Midnight.  We once had a house I named-- I haven't done that recently.  Mainly that is because that turned out to be my least favorite house of all the ones we have lived in.  When I had my ileostomy I named my stoma though.  Alright that is kinda of gross, so lets drop this.  Computie and I are trying to become friends, but that might take a little longer. At least it travels well which should help with all the book stuff, especially as I am working on Patrick's Rose to get it ready for publication sometime in the spring-- we'll see.  It needs a lot of attention, but so does publicity for The Key to Her Heart.  Busy busy busy-- that seems like the tune to my life.  Not that I mind.  I like the busy.  Anyway I am rambling, so I'm going to sign out for right now.

This is Cat out!

No comments:

Post a Comment