Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Just Questions

Do I dare tell anyone my inner thoughts right now?  Is this a space safe for sharing?  Do I say everything I am thinking or just a tidbit?  Where is the space to be transparent anymore?  Am I too frightened to speak about what is really bothering me today?  Will there be a sympathetic ear to say 'hey I hear you.'?  As the tears fall does it even make a difference? 

When someone just needs someone to hear them is there room for that anymore?  Must we hire a counselor to have room to speak what we are really feeling?  What about a friend? What about social media?  Must we always keep our best face on?  What if we post how we are really feeling?  Who would listen?  Who would de-friend us?  What if our thoughts, feelings, and beliefs go against what's trending?  Is there a sacred space where we can just be ourselves anymore?  What if we parent different?  Will we have human services called on us because we do things different?  What if in our life we feel at crisis point?  Is it alright to say we are hurting?  Is it alright to say that things in our life are pretty screwed up?  Does anyone really care?  Or are we just looking for our next drama fix?  Why are we even part of this rat race known as social media if we can't even use it to reach out to others?

Where are the flesh and blood people we can open up to?  Am I asking the wrong questions?  Or are these just questions that I can find no answer to? 

No comments:

Post a Comment