Sunday, January 19, 2014

Writing A Guest Blog-- Boy that's a new thing!

About two weeks ago SincerelyJenni invited me to do a guest blog, and I was so excited!  It is something I've never done before-- like this whole journey.  Then I started shaking in my shoes because I thought "What do I write?"

I had the option to answer some interview questions or to write a blog post.  So the first few days I was just considering which would be the best course.  Finally I decided on doing the blog post.  Then my anxious side took over--  you know the little green Martian inside wringing his hands together.  Can I really do this?  How long should it be?  What topic should I write on?  Oh no I've never done anything like this before!   Gosh how many people will read my little musings?  Oh my!  I don't know...

Now before you laugh to hard, this is kinda my typical approach every time something new comes up.  I kinda get a little weird.  I do all these funny prankster type joking things, and my daughters start laughing saying, "Gosh Mom you are so nervous!".  They just have no idea!  I'm shaking in my new boots!  Yesterday when we were doing a photo session--  I mean it literally.  They were laughing so hard at me, but thinking about putting something on someone else's sight  I don't know-- that is even more new than publishing a book!  Who would have thunk????  Alright just get it over with-- laugh!  Please I am a walking, living, breathing basket-case sometimes!

Anyway, for the last week I've been having this thought in my head no matter where I am-- "What am I going to write?  What am I going to write?"  Finally I mention it to Meg, and she shrugs and says "Well just write about adoption Mom.  That's something you know alot about and you definitely have an opinion."  We both chuckle, and I think "Yeah, but I don't just want to cover the same old topics that everyone covers when they talk about adoption."

So I take a few more stewing days.

Finally, I bite the bullet-- tonight.  I write this great article.  I was even impressed!   Todd thought it was really good, and Meg liked it too!  So I edited it until it came out perfect!  I mean it was AWESOME-- if I do say so myself!  And I do!  Then I was getting ready to go to bed so I pushed the button to 'save as' so I could give it a title.  Wouldn't you know it I somehow skewed something!  The whole document locked up.  Everything I pushed said "DING! DING!"  and did nothing more.  So now what?  Do I have to start all over????  Man, and it was this really awesome almost post!  I don't know if I lost the whole darn thing!  ARRRRG!  I'm definitely feeling my pirate side come out!  But hopefully I gave everyone reading a good belly laugh and something good came out of my almost post!  Who knows maybe we'll be able to save it!  I guess if you see it on SincerelyJenni you know I recovered it by some miracle!

This is Cat out.  Check out SincerelyJenni too-- she has some great posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment