Friday, February 27, 2015

Want change? A little rebellion would go a long way (I got my color back by the way)

I figured it out.  Last night I went to bed finally around three feeling stuck in a weird gray area that was bugging the shit out of me (excuse the cuss-- I don't usually, especially in writing).  This morning I was awoken by my son yelling at my husband over learning math.  He has a struggle with math and gets really frustrated with new concepts, and so several times a week that is the way the household is awoken (that's a much longer story that's place is not here right now. If you want to understand that one, message me.).  But I figured out what was causing the gray, and also a need to shout out to all of you.  It is America that is causing it.

Alright, before you tell me I am being melodramatic, let me explain.  In this last week I have been talking to many people about the issues in America, and holding back my own thoughts because not having the space or time to really go into them... Being a mouse again.

So here are my thoughts-- And maybe here again I need to roar! (reference from my Nov 30th post Am I a Mouse Named Cat)

America is in a place she has not seen before.  Honestly I don't know, if things keep going the way they are going, if we will have another real election.  We keep talking about leadership change and I keep thinking-- We need people change too.  Yes, the way the country is being run is the problem.  But who runs this country?  Who allows the politicians to do what they are doing?  We don't have to accept the status quo. We have the constitutional right to rebel.

It will take a mobilized people to change this country for the better. But the changes don't just need to happen in the government.  They need to happen in all areas.

Lets start in every household.  How are you raising your children?  Are you raising them to play with ideas?  To come up with their own solutions?  Or do you teach them to accept everything they are taught?  The first time that thinking outside the 'normal' lines was alright to me was when I decided to live life differently.  The school system was failing my two daughters, and I was being told that they needed to change.  But I liked who they were.  That was in 1998.  On a day when I realized that same educational model had failed me too.  I decided to try educating them myself.  I had always said 'I'm not a teacher'.  I'm not, but you know what?  I am a problem solver.  We had so much fun playing with new ideas and learning what we thought.  I stopped asking them to accept things there was little evidence for, but instead ask them to research and find what was out there.  Our view of this world changed because I did the same thing with them.

I don't want to raise drones in a drone society.  Fastly, that is what this society is becoming.  We hate what the USSR was.  But did you know they had elections?  They just didn't have people running that looked different and the elections were rigged.  They had government schools that brainwashed instead of teaching thinking skills and letting the students use them.  They had secret police that listened in on what the people were saying and any idea outside what was accepted was not alright.  People thought they had to tell on those that thought differently than the brain washing schools taught.  We're close to that.  Is that what we want?

Listen along the way, we need to stop being a society driven into a panic attack every time something bad happens.  We can't make a new law to stop the bad.  We are eroding our freedom by our fear.  We will have those that will use a gun and kill someone, but limiting our people by telling the ones that just want to be able to protect themselves that they can't have guns is the country having a fit of anxiety.  Guess what?  The bad guys can get guns on the black market, or build one themselves.  If someone wants to do harm, you are not going to stop them.  They will find a way to do it.  Let's give freedom back to the good people.  That goes for the damned airports also.  There are many places we had fits with!  Think about it.  You're smart enough to figure it out.  Think about freedom and all the places that's been taken away because of our irrational fear of being harmed.  I'm sure there is a law for that!  So what is the solution?  Courage Man!  Stop being a freaking mouse wanting the government to stop all the ills!  Take on some of the burden yourself!

If your beliefs are different than mine, that's alright.  Let me have mine where ever I am, and I'll let you have yours.  We can even talk about it.  Hey an exchange of ideals is a good thing.  Freedom of religion is a good thing.  It's alright for people to pray in public, and it's alright for you to choose not to.  What are we so afraid of?  Is this just your country?  Is it just mine?  Let's work together.  I'm going to ask my God to help me, and I'm going to do that out loud in public and I am going to pick people to help direct this country that have those same ideals.  You have the right to do the opposite.  That is your right.  I am not going to stop you, but please give me the dignity to stop trying to take away my freedom.  There are many different beliefs in this country.  It is alright to show them, teach them, talk about them, and have them within the schools and government offices.  We are not just one thing.  Remember that playing with ideas thing?  As adults lets start doing that.  I'm not afraid of your ideas or ideals.  I'm willing to listen even if I don't agree.  Are you willing to do the same?

  Now let's talk about all these government departments and all the tax they generate.  As a society we need to stop.  Let's start with caning the IRS.  How about a 15% sales tax everybody pays when they buy things.  You know that then goes for foreigners who buy things while in this country, and illegals who are here because of our lax borders.  We are going to need some government, and that should be more than enough to pay for it.  Turn states rights back over to the states.  So get rid of any department that erodes the rights of states-- example the department of education.  With the state of our schools, they sure as hell aren't doing their job anyhow!   Fifteen percent is much much less than most of us pay in taxes and will allow people to be able to live on their income again instead of supporting a bankrupt government that charges exorbitantly for it's piss poor management and control.

Let's teach the Constitution, personal responsibility, compassion, working hard, determination, and yes a little rebellion.  Along with that reading, writing, and arithmetic.  Let our parents decide how they want to run their families.  Families are you medical model?  Are you alternative medical model?  That's alright. Do you want to teach the bible?  Do you want to teach the Jewish faith?  Do you want to teach the Muslim faith?  Do you want to abstain from teaching faith at all?  That's alright. Schools are not parents.  They aren't to take over for parents.  Parents need to guide their families.  If they choose to send their child to school, then the school needs to remember that the parent is giving them a trust-- not their child.  They need to be respectful of that trust and stay within the bounds of being a school.

Now lets talk about Social Security, Welfare reform, and personal responsibility.  If we want to change things then this is where we really do it!  Look around you.  Are there members of your own family that need your help?  Then do it, if you have the ability.  In our churches, homes, and businesses we need to give to those that do not have enough.  It's not the government's job!  If we fail then what do we expect?  Of course people are going to relegate it to an unknown source! (I.E. the government because then we don't have to actually have compassion and we just have to complain.).  If people have paid into Social Security, don't you think they should have some say in how it is invested?  PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY!!!  We are our brother's keepers.  We need to help those who need help.  No more handouts from an unknown source!  If you convince a woman to carry her baby instead of having an abortion, then the next step is being her friend and helping her figure out how she is going to do life.  Maybe it is helping her with childcare while she works.  Maybe it is giving her a place to live while she gets on her feet.  Maybe it is encouraging her to finish school so she will be able to support her child.  Maybe it is introducing her to a childless couple who desperately want to be parents.  The first thing it is, is listening to her heart, and helping her where she is.

We need medical reform, but not from Washington, but from our heart.  It is alright to try things different.  It is alright for you to choose to vaccinate your child and me not to.  It is alright to choose to have a home birth or to choose a hospital.  I'll do my research and figure out what works for me and my family.  I hope you will do the same and not just believe it because so and so says so.  These are not government issues-- or at least they shouldn't be.  These are heart issues and moral issues-- not bench issues.  If we are going to be a free country then this is another place we need to accept freedom.  We are not always going to agree.  I may hate your choices.  You may hate mine.  That's alright.  That doesn't mean mine were bad and neither were yours.  They were different.  The biggest thing both of us can agree on is make informed choices.

This is how we change our country.  It will take a generation.  And it will take us changing.  Do we want to keep going the way we are going, or do we want freedom?  A little rebellion would go a long way about now.  Who's ready to roar?  Who's ready to exchange ideas?  Who's ready to accept each other where we are?  Who's ready to say they don't have all the answers but they will implement the ones they do have?  Who's ready to stand up and be counted?  Who's ready to roar instead of being a mouse?

This is Cat out--- ROARING.

No comments:

Post a Comment