Saturday, September 21, 2013

One more miracle to share-- this time for Peter

It turned out to be an interesting evening.  Earlier I promised to watch a movie with Peter after everyone was settled in for the night.  Then I spent two hours getting the womb warped twins in bed.  I could have told Peter it was to late.  I almost thought about just acting like I forgot.  In our home, though a promise is a promise.  Besides that Peter's been going through a pretty rough time lately both with his behavior, and some pretty harrowing accusations that have been made against him.  I knew he needed the time with me.  So I hunkered down to watch a movie with my son, who had been hankering for some time with his mom.  We chose the movie and started it.

From the beginning he was freaking out because he had 'dreamed' it.  In fact he could tell what was about to happen in every scene, and it was a new movie he had not seen before. This movie at best was a b-rated movie, and the plotline could have been much better developed, the characters could have been better played, the filming was amateurish, and the sound was horrible.  It had one redeeming thing that caused me to keep it on.  It was dealing with some issues Peter and I have been working on lately, and it was doing so in a way that it hit Peter square between the eyes.  The main subject matter was how to deal with anger.

And because he dreamed this movie it really hit him extra hard.  We ended having a talk about how important love and forgiveness are in this world, and how doing things God's way is a much better choice than giving into anger and using worldly examples.  We also had opportunity to talk about how God is always with us, and no matter what he won't leave us.  That last part is right where God has been dealing with me.  There are some things going on in my family that leave me broken more than my words can say, but in the middle God is still there, and I know he will have his will, and I know in the end all will be worked out.  Peter has been having a hard time lately, and feeling so much anger over these same circumstances that are breaking my heart.  Until tonight he had no relief, that movie may have made the difference.

It got through to him better than anything I have been trying to say to him.  It really scared him, but it was because he saw himself if he didn't trust God and reign in his anger.  I am glad that though it was late I did not put off his request, tell him I didn't want to watch that movie, or chose not to spend the time with him tonight.  Instead I received a blessing of my son being touched directly by God when I least expected it.  It renewed my trust too because I really saw tonight just how much God loves my little broken son, and how much he wants to bind up the hurts in his heart.

That brings tears.  My little boy has had a real rough time from the beginning, but right now there's so much doubt in his heart because of things that have been said against him--  He has no recourse, and even if we prove they are untrue-- which they are-- he still has had his reputation smeared to the point that there will always be a question.  In the process of this the trust he was building for people has been pulverized.  We have had to start all over with taking down the defenses.

But tonight, God showed him that He is there with him, and may have brought him a little closer to trusting through Him.  That's a miracle in my book

No comments:

Post a Comment