Monday, September 2, 2013

Tory's super cuteness-- even when she's trying to pretend that she isn't caught!

I have a funny little story I would like to tell.  It actually just happened a few moments ago, but it was so cute that I couldn't resist telling it.

My granddaughter, Tory, got into some liquids and spilled them on my husband's side of the bed un-be-knowing to him.  It probably happened a couple hours before, or maybe even this afternoon, I'm not sure. So Tory came tromping into the room with her grandpa and he took the towel that I assume Tory put there to hide her mess, and found the mess.

Tory meanwhile is doing everything she can so she doesn't get noticed, but Grandpa says--
"Tory were you playing with things that you shouldn't have?"  Tory looks the other way and says nothing.
"This is a mess."  Grandpa says.  Tory climbs over to me (I'm on the other side of the bed.) and cuddles up as if to hide.  Now, mind you, my husband didn't raise his voice at all. This is all just a little commentary while he is discovering two glass bottles and a liquid mess he didn't expect, and putting two and two together to figure out this was a Tory do. By Tory's reaction it is most definitely a Tory do.
"Tory you are not suppose to play with these kind of things."  Grandpa says.  Tory looks down with a little frown, still not saying anything, but not crying yet like she usually does when she has done something she is not suppose to.  I say to her.
"You need to tell Grandpa you are sorry."  She hides her face in my shoulder, still quiet.
"Tory, you made a mess for Grandpa, you need to apologize and tell him you are sorry."  She sinks her head a little lower. Grandpa covers the spot with a towel, and begins to make the bed up so he can get in bed.     --You know things like gathering the toys Tory left on the bed and finding a quick place for them where they won't be in the bed, but not in stepping range either.

She pops up and sees her baby doll, and begins to ask for it.  So I say--
"Tory you haven't asked Grandpa to forgive you."  She slowly moves closer to Grandpa, but is really quiet (you have to understand Tory is never quiet.  She even makes noise when she eats!).  Grandpa asks,
"Did you make the mess?"  She nods her head slightly, then shows him the play phone she has in her hand.
"Is it o.k. to play with Grandpa's liquids?"  He asks, and she shakes her head no.  She begins to play with the phone as if she can pretend she hasn't done something wrong.  I quietly say--
"Then you need to ask Grandpa to forgive you for doing wrong."  Finally in quietest little whisper she says--
"Peas forgive me." as she standing beside her grandpa, and gives him a hug then a kiss.  He hugs her, but she was so quiet that he wasn't sure she had asked.  I told him I heard her.  He told her he forgave her and he loved her, then as if everything was all better she gave him a big hug, and asked for her bottle so she could cuddle with him and go to sleep.

She fell asleep in her grandpa's arms with her blanket and her bottle while I was writing this.  I tell you what, even when she misbehaves she is so darn cute!  And I love her so darn much!  I didn't know whether to laugh or cry as I watched her struggle.  She definitely knew that was not something she should have done, and it is amazing to see such humility and restraint in one who is only two!  Just had to share, and maybe you can decide to laugh or at least have a little chuckle. Anyway, hope your Labor Day weekend was wonderful, and please keep reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment