Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Sooo, I think my life just got more interesting.  My grandfather on my mom's side was a Trowbridge.  If anyone has watched the recent show 'Who Do You Think You Are?' then you probably know what I am talking about.  If you haven't I'm about to talk alot about this.  It's the buzz with all my Trowbridge relatives, which I am pretty close to because I feel  more Trowbridge than anything because I was pretty much raised by my mom's parents.

Anyway, Cindy Crawford researched her family history back to one Thomas Trowbridge coming from England in the 1600s to America.  From him she traced his line back to Charlemagne.  That alone is fascinating because Charlemagne is one of those historical figures I really like, and the more I learn about him the neater I think he is, so that's like coolio!  But the even neater part for me is the fact, I think this Thomas Trowbridge is somehow related to my own Trowbridge family-- At least that seems to the consensus as far as I can tell.  So does this make Cindy Crawford a cousin of sorts?  Who knows.  More important--  Charlemagne a way far back grandpa???  That strikes my imagination-- especially as a writer.  Maybe I'll have to play with this idea a little more.  Of course ancestry always kinda fascinates me anyway.  So---  I will tell you what I find out in the next few weeks.  I guess that's it right now.  Just thought I'd tell you all about some potential new discoveries!

Cat Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment