Friday, June 21, 2013

Brand New!!!!!

This is something I have never done before!  Blogging is one thing, but all the techno stuff--  I learned about tweets, and websites, and my facebook got a face lift!  I don't quite know what to think yet.  This is ALOT, but the biggest thing is the idea that I'm working on my book to actually get it ready for publication, and that I can actually do it.  I am so excited!  I am so nervous! And I'm quite overjoyed.  For so long I've been the mom who is just with her kids.  I don't mind, so don't get me wrong.  Still, so much time I've spent being invisible as I watched other homeschool parents showing their talents, and some times I felt somewhat like a 'lesser' parent.  During these times I didn't talk about my writing.  I hid it without really ever meaning to.  I think the brand new thing about me is not the technology, but this new willingness-- even the need-- to be the person I am deep inside.  That is the person I let out when I first started writing back when I was just barely a teenager. Besides the dream of being a mom, my other dream was to be a writer and author.  Everyone in my family believed it was just a pipe dream.  This brand new change in me is me giving up my first family's beliefs, and taking steps to make my dreams come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment