Thursday, June 27, 2013

Kindness to all!

I have a bone to pick.  It's not with anyone in particular, but with the people who will attack a person on social media.  If you do not like the issue someone's talking about, that's fine-- deal with the issue, but when you cross the line and attack the character of the person that is wrong!  So many time I have been reading a post or twitter, and someone who disagrees lowers themselves to going after the person.  What if the tables were turned?  How would we like others to treat us-- even if they didn't like what we were saying?  Personally I'd like the debate-- if it stayed on topic.  The problem is when it does not.  A person is not let's say --their political persuasion-- they are theirself which incompasses much more than just politics.  Why say hurtful things about the person when the problem is their political view?  Perhaps if we debated the real issue the person would see the whole picture better.  Instead we attack the person and accomplish nothing except bad feelings.
People are God's creation, and as such deserve dignity just because they are people.  I believe that in all things we should be kind and gentle.  If we feel we must correct, then it should be done in love.  Maybe that is old school now a days, but that is still what I live by and what I taught my children just as my mother and grandmother taught it to me.  Society in general would be a much friendlier place if that was common practice, but I know it no longer is.  But since I have this forum, I thought I would bring it up.  My grandmother use to say it differently.  She'd say 'You attract more bees with honey instead of vinegar.'  Maybe some of us could be kind, then that would cause others to be kind, and perhaps (in my perfect dream world) that would revolutionize modern social practice.  You never know it could happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment