Saturday, June 22, 2013

to explain from the previous post, why sleepless?

I had all of two hours sleep last night, six the night before, and I'm not sure I even had three the night before that.  I am exhausted!!!
Usually I get about eight hours, but I am editing The Key to Her Heart and getting it ready for publication.  Last night Megan and I sat down to read over one of the scenes (Mind you, the day had been overflowing with activity, and by the time we sat down, it was already past midnight.).  I knew it was a problem scene, but it was urgently important in the story.   It was suppose to be fast paced, yet it just was not right.  This session of editing needs to be done before July if  The Key To Her Heart is going to stay on schedule.
We started reading it over, and she and I both decide it needed to be ripped apart.  So we start talking about the problems.  It was like the heavens opened up and shined down super inspiration!  "Well what about this character, could you just introduce him here?"  My daughter says.  Simple enough statement, but it revolutionized the whole story!  It also opened a can of worms to squirm all over and cause a boatload of new problems.  Which, me being the single focused writer I am, made for a long night!  We figured out what to do, and my daughter, who decided to stay the night because we were working so late, zonckered out at about three when I actually started cutting, pasting, and rewriting.  Four hours later I made some notes for myself, then got a two hour nap before getting up and getting things done for Peter's birthday party.  The cool thing was I got about 3/4 of the changes done, and one of my smaller characters now has more depth, and intrigue than I had ever imagined for him!  Ho Ha!

Now after explaining why I am so tired, I'm finally going to bed.  I'll talk to you with the next post-- in the future.  (This is what my goofy wit is like when sleep deprived--- sorry.)

No comments:

Post a Comment