Monday, July 1, 2013

Who's with me?

Usually I try not to talk about politics, not out of politeness, but because it is an area I am way way too opinionated on.  Lately, though, I've thought maybe it is an area I need to blog about.  Right now I feel oppressed.  As if I am not truly an American citizen anymore.  My voice seems not to be heard by the powers that be.  You see I believe the constitution needs to be followed.  It is the document that all American should agree upon, otherwise why are they living in this country?  I believe all people deserve dignity.  --Not just those that can speak and demand they get noticed.  I believe in freedom.  --Freedom of speech, freedom of religion, freedom to bear arms, freedom to raise my family the way I see fit, freedom to keep most of my paycheck not give most of it to the government.  I believe in God, and when I was a child and young adult I believed this country was a God fearing nation.  I am not nor have I been under such an illusion in the last several years.  There was once a time that this country was 'for the people by the people'.  It is not any longer.  States are not free anymore.  The president doesn't have to answer to congress anymore.  The congress is letting the judicial branch make laws instead of upholding the laws.  The laws that are elected by the people are not upheld anymore.   It is very clear my ideals are no longer alive in the government of this country.  The question I am left with is why do I still live here?  The answer is I am not sure, except I am a patriot.  As a child studying US history I fell in love with the country that was portrayed there, and even as it is slowly (and at time not so slowly) dismantled I keep waiting for someone to stand up and say "NO MORE!!!!", but they don't seem to be doing that.  I read about how the Nazis took over Germany and it really scares me because it sounds eerily like what is happening now in America.  I read about the take over of communism in Russia, and again it sounds frighteningly similar to what I see in America.  
No one is talking about it.  Maybe like me others are thinking it, but no one's saying anything about it.  I send this out as an invitation to talk about it!  Respond to this blog, or go out and talk to your senators.  Get involved.  Those of us that want to see America be what it could have been must do something.   Otherwise there are to many that do not care!  Even worse there are those who do care, but their concerns lie in the thought we have to much freedom. Do we want those that want to steal from us to be our speakers?  Do we want them to be the ones who are running our government?  I know I want other lovers of freedom to be our officials.  I know I want to live in a country that is truly free.  But that is only going to happen if we band together and decide to take action, and then actually do something!  Who's with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment