Friday, July 5, 2013

50 item list (Megan's silly challenge).

If I were to make a list-- Which Megan challenged me to do.  It would have to be a list of  what/who I am grateful for (she challenged me to make a list of 50 things!)

1. God (always number one, because everything else on my list comes from his giving hands).
2. being able to write.
3.My husband.
4. My children.
5. All my parents.
6. The wonderful people who take their time to read my blog.
7. fresh picked produce.
8. beautiful days.
9. The Byzantine Church.
10. Little kids and babies.
11. pregnant mamas.
12. my computer.
13. my home.
14. adoption.
15. knowledge & understanding.
16. the ability to homeschool.
17. the friendship I have with my daughters.
18.  the laughter that my grandchildren have brought to our lives.
19. being alive and not being aborted.
20. the relationship I have with my mom.
21. the love and prayers I have from my mother-in-law and father-in-law.
22. my orchard.
23. my gardens.
24. Georgie (my kitty).
25. my son's eye sight (you don't know how much of a blessing it is to see until you have to jump through hoops to fix your sight!).
26. my van.
27. the ocean.
28. my siblings.
29. a voice.
30. this blog (it gives me a place to write silly things like this list and more serious things like the call to action a few days ago.).
31. being raised in California (I was close to the beach and mountains).
32. raising my kids in the mid-west.
33. water.
34. swimming pools in the summer.
35. heaters in the winter.
36. gentle breezes.
37. challenges that stretch me (even this silly one!).
38. the sound that trees make when the snow is falling on their dried leaves.
39. the gentle rumble of a rock bottom stream when water is flowing over it.
40. the sparkle in a child's eyes when he or she finally gets what you've been trying to teach them.
41. Tory's joyful hugs.
42. The noise and commotion when all four of my toddler grandchildren are here playing with every toy in the living room and we are all here laughing at their silly antics!
43. Christian music.
44. the thought of one day meeting Jesus in heaven.
45. the thought of one day meeting my brother in heaven.
46.  My first thirteen years with my Grandma Dorthy.
47.  All the angels and saints.
48. scripture.
49. All the people that have helped my son with his sight, helped him understand his world, helped his body work better, helped him eat food that don't harm his body, helped us deal better with the issues my son has.  They have helped a little boy with CP feel and do his best!
50.  Mother Mary-- she seems to be my constant prayer partner and I am so grateful for her Son!

No comments:

Post a Comment