Thursday, July 4, 2013

Strawberry Heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright I think we started a brand new summertime habit!  In fact I think we may have just altered our thoughts on life in general.  Megan, Hope, the Womb Warped Twins, and I went to a farm with the thoughts of picking strawberries.  We brought our water and juice, and all our joy bubbling up inside of us for our new Independence Day activity.  It was a beautiful evening sunshiney day with a nice breeze.  So we got two boxes, and headed out to the fields.  We weren't planning to pick a lot, just enough for us to snack on on the way home and to share later tonight after the guys got back home from the baseball game they were going to.  But then we picked one and tried it to taste the difference between the ones we buy all the time at the store and fully ripened organic ones picked literally a minute before.  Guess What?  There are not words in the English language that fully describes how wonderful these strawberries are!  And it was so much fun picking a box full of berries, and laughing at two 2 year olds picking and feeding on these sweet little pieces of God's grace!  I mean that literally, it was like completely fulfilling nourishment!  You could just feel your stomach and soul screaming 'YES! That is exactly what I want!'  Oh it was so wonderful!  On the way home we contemplated on selling everything and buying a farm and start our own close to nature business.  I tell you I'd do it in a heartbeat. Now... if I could find a few more families of the same mind to go into it with me! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment