Wednesday, July 17, 2013

A quick update on The Key to Her Heart and a quick movie review.

How is your summer going?  Hope all is well.  Todd's in China for two weeks with his work.  July is birthday month around here, and this year it is homeschool planning month because I let Peter have about six weeks off of school-- which I almost never do because he needs to catch up and I absolutely hate teaching reviews!  He has been bugging me every year.  "Please Mom my friends have off from school, why can't I?"  This year he got his wish.  And you know what?  Today he asked to start up school again.  HAHHH!  Yeah, that's a little bit of glee.  But oh boy!  I don't want to think of what all we'll need to review!  It's given me this time to focus on The Key to Her Heart.  Which was my theme for this post--  A quick update.  So let me tell you what Meg, Hope, and I have been doing as far as getting ready for publication.

 The only problem maybe by the time I get done it might not be quick-- who knows?  Things are going amazingly well.  Megan has been talking to everyone I swear about The Key to Her Heart and setting up reviews, book signings, and she's been in contact with different publishing companies.  Then she checks on their credentials and any complaints.  She's the most incredible publicist/editor. I told her she needs to do this as her day job!  She laughed and said she could only handle one project at a time.  I'm glad she's my daughter and helping me.
Hope is my go to copy person.  She has been so wonderful to have advise from where it comes to how to get the red line copies ready.
For my part the red lines are out and in the hands of my beta readers, or on their way in the case of my two out of town beta readers.  I need to start my read through.  Confession--  I haven't.  I am a little scared of what it will look like in black and white.  I know I'll see every inaccuracy and then what?  Silly.  I should just bite the bullet and get it over with.  Sigh.  Deep breath.  Alright-- that's the plan for Thursday.  I'll read my own work and do my own red lining.

Alright in other news:  I watched a movie tonight that was quite good.  It was called Upside  Down, and it was about a forbidden romance of two people on opposite planets.  Whoever thought of the premise for the movie did good work.  It was believable and sucked your attention right in, which is exactly why I picked it out.  I like to escape sometimes from a crazy day, and this movies allowed that escape.
In Upside Down there are two planets right next to each other sharing the same atmosphere with opposite gravity.  Now if that isn't enough; the upper planet has made rules that there is to be no contact between the planets except by the employees of  TransWorld, and that is only related to work and only on one floor. Interesting premise???  The filming must have been interesting, but they did a great job and as I said earlier very believeable.  I don't know what my science fiction teche husband would say, but personally I thought they did a really neat job with the science aspects too-- which was alot of the movie.
There is another place the two planets connect almost, and there the two characters meet when they are children.  They are playmates, but no one knows, and as teenagers fall in love until Eden, the female character, apparently is killed.  Ten years go by and the male character, Adam, finds out she is alive.  The rest is about how they connect and the ending almost lets you down, but then gives you a sweet surprise.  I think they set it up well enough for a sequel too.  On a star scale of 1-5, five being the best, I'd give it a 4-- maybe even a 4 1/4.  It was good enough to mention to my wonderful readers, so that's worth something.

In other other news:  Friday or Saturday I'll post the next scene from Maxine's Story.  I need to do a little editing and figuring how to connect all the scenes to make a cohesive novella.  If it falls in line pretty good I might try to publish it as an ebook in the next few months.  I really need to give it more of my time, but have been working hard on The Key to Her Heart so Maxine's Story hasn't been given the time it really needs. After I finish redlining it will have my attention.  Then maybe I can have it ready by the end of September or the beginning of October.  We shall see.  What do you think?  Twitter me, or Facebook or leave a comment here if you have an opinion. I would love to hear your view.  In the mean time-- keep reading.  It makes my day to know people are actually reading these posts.


No comments:

Post a Comment