Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Maxine's Story.

Thank you to all who have been reading my blog!  Yesterday was the all time biggest day so far!  Wow!  You guys make me feel so special.  As of yesterday this blog has had over one hundred readers from all over the world!  I am so excited!  Please keep reading.  I think in the next few days I might start sharing some of the story behind my book The Key to Her Heart.
The Key to Her Heart is the first book in a multi-generational story.  But there are stories that are set before the beginning of the The Key to Her Heart.  My main character is Anna, and she has a story all her own, but her grandmother's story is entwined with hers.  So I thought I would share some of Maxine's story.  Maxine as a child faced abuses by her step-father that left a vacuum and a curse in her life that she must learn to heal from.  As she grows into adulthood she is faced with a life very different than what she thought it would be.    Will she learn to love even when it seems the world is so full of pain?  Or will she give up on all that looks like it could be hers?
Maxine has been a fun character to write.  She is set in the early 1900s and into the 1940s and tragedies of the World War Two.  She is resilient and thoughtful, but she is not so sure how to handle the secrets from her past.
I thought I might publish Maxine's story as a novelette, but before that I want to share the story with all my readers here.  So in the next few days I will post the first part of Maxine's story and you are welcome to tell me what you think!  Looking forward to sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment