Thursday, July 4, 2013

I Need to Shove a Sock in My Mouth Some Days!

Listening to Bryan Duncan's Lunatic Friend to start this out.  Somedays this is me!  Today I lost my normal cool.  I even made myself cry!  My daughter, Megan, sat us down and began reminding us of who we were and who we were not.  My daughter, Hope, ended up going into an asthma attack because of all the emotion.  So she got her inhaler and found out it was empty.  That turned into a call to the doctor to find out the doctor was on vacation.  Soooo, that turned into a plea with the triage nurse, who quickly called the pharmacist, and a trip to the local pharmacy.
Mind you Hope was still having trouble breathing.  She drank two cups of coffee because that opens her lungs, but it was only helping slightly!  She is allergic to almost everything and so there is only one inhaler she can use.  We get to the pharmacy and they have it ready, but the insurance as of July 1st has decided they won't cover it!!!!!!!!  I was ready to scream.  We have a $4300 deductible and mind you, we have met that deductible already this year!  And there is plenty we do to keep everyone well that insurance does not cover.  Anyway, this is a hundred dollar inhaler!  The pharmacist gets on the phone with the insurance, and has to call a different number four different times!  He gets no better answer, and by this time I'm steaming and almost close to tears again!
I have kids at home.  I have like a million other things I absolutely need to do!  So I call Todd, my husband, and ask him to leave early and go home.  He resists, so I tell him what's going on.  Now my husband is the person in our family that keeps us above water financially.  I call him the money person.  So when I tell him our dilemma and how Hope's doing he gets on the phone with the insurance.  Meanwhile I call the triage nurse back, and she spends a good half hour on the phone with the insurance.  The pharmacist is still trying to make headway too.  So we have Todd, the pharmacist, and the nurse all working on this at the same time as Hope and I wait.
Hope's breathing is slowly getting better.  Ginger is something that opens the lungs also; so she bought some ginger chews and they helped a little more.
 In the end we waited for two hours plus, but the insurance did cover half the cost when it was suppose to cover all of it.   By the time we got done, she didn't need the darn thing anyhow!  And all this just because I got upset!  Man there are some days I stick my foot way down my own darned throat!!!!  It comes down to this, I need to learn to shut up!
Thought of the day from this, if we could start the day with a calm beginning, maybe we'd keep ourself to run the day without rabbit trails!  Maybe steady, calm, and keeping our mouths under control would reap better results.  Of course if my insurance had their act together--  I wonder...  Oh never mind!  Maybe scripture says it better than I ever could--  As far as it is possible with you keep at peace with everyone.  I would have done good to listen to that today.  Perhaps I will listen to my own advise tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment