Sunday, July 7, 2013

Details Details Details--- All the latest news on this publishing adventure :)

Well--- I am blogging while Megan is reading and doing our final edit before going to the copy center tomorrow (or actually, since it is so late, today) to make copies for my beta readers.  The Key to Her Heart is becoming more and more of a reality!  Wow!  I'm not sure what else to say.  The beginning of June I was still fighting the idea of publishing, and now I'm scared, excited, happy, nervous.  Man I could write some really cool scenes if I wasn't just editing--  Although the editing mode has definitely been an adventure! It is a different world than I thought it would be when I thought of doing this.  Until the middle of June I wasn't the one that could tell you about Twitter or even much about Facebook.  I barely knew how to email.  Building a website-- don't ask me anything about it?!  And podcasts-- a month ago I only had the vaguest idea of what they were.  Now in three weeks time here I am.  Megan's done all the techno stuff, but I've learned ALOT. Heck on the 4th I spend much of the day recording my first podcast-- then we went to pick strawberries (if you want to hear about that I posted-- look for the title that has strawberries in it.)

Blogging has been the biggest surprise.  Maybe it's because I am a writer even in the deep recesses of my soul, or maybe it's because I know so many are reading my blurbs.  Whatever it is, I really enjoy it.  No one expected that least of all me!  One thing I know is I enjoy just writing down my thoughts, and it is really cool that anyone would take their time to read them.  On a funnier note--  I am the worst at spelling!  Thank goodness for that red squiggly line under words I mess up otherwise you would be cringing at my haphazard spelling.

Now for the details.  The scheduled date for The Key to Her Heart to be published is November 1st.  Whether it will be an ebook only or whether it will be paperback also is still being determined.  I've talked to a couple publishers, but I think I'm still leaning toward completely indie publishing, so we are constantly researching how to go about this.  My daughter Rebecca is an awesome artist so the cover picture she is working on.  Megan and Hope are my chief editors, but still debating about hiring an editor to give it a go through too.  A friend-- Sarah is a graphic artist so she's doing the over all cover design.  I have several beta readers--  Most of which exclaimed when I told them I was planning on publishing, "Well Finally!  I've been waiting for this for how many years!?". They should get a copy of The Key to Her Heart this next week to red line (another words shred it so I can put it back together and make it even better :P ).  The next two weeks are critical, and crazy.  Thank goodness Hope works at a copy center!  She tells me all the specials and on top of that I get a discount!

Finally Megan is also my publicist, and she's quite amazing!  Anyone that needs a publicist talk to Megan.  We've come up with a business plan and a timeline in three weeks.  She's also awesome with web design.  If you have seen my website-- writingcatales.com  and have liked it, then you have to thank Megan.

Anyone reading this that has experience with publishing-- especially indie publishing, and is willing to give advice please contact me, either by leaving a comment, or by my website or using facebook.  I am still a newbie and trying to figure all this out!

No comments:

Post a Comment