Wednesday, September 2, 2015

A review of Orphan Moon By T.K. Lukas

This is me with books!
T.K. Lukas outdid herself with Orphan Moon, plain and simple.  Reviewing books is a new thing for me.  I try to always say something good about what I do or read.  With Orphan Moon that was easy.  It was an excellent read.  Below is my full review that I also put on Amazon and Goodreads.  I love a good romance and I am really a sucker for history, now add in a ton of adventure-- you've got me hooked.  Lukas took that and threw in some real strong characters and an interesting story to boot.  I was a happy reader!  In fact I stayed up all night reading... Just couldn't put it down.  Here's the review:

Orphan Moon           

Orphan Moon was a story I had trouble putting down. Both Barleigh and Leighselle are bright and strong characters that earn respect as this story progresses. Hughes is easily likeable immediately not just for his high standards but also for his stand to protect those around him. This story is a wild adventure from the beginning to the end. Though the events as they unfold, both the memories, and what is happening present day in the story, break your heart, there is this strength of character that comes out and you watch Barleigh shine as she makes hard choices and ultimately finds love. I really enjoyed reading Orphan Moon from start to finish.

The story begins with Barleigh losing pretty much everything that she's ever known. She takes off on an adventure to gain the money to rebuild her life for the sake of her and her baby sister. To do this she has to learn to be someone she is not. But she is up to the task and pulls it off beautifully.

Then there is Hughes... He is a rough and tumble Texas Ranger that has a friend he owes his life to. This friend, Leighselle, asks him for a favor which takes him on his own adventure.

In Saint Joseph Barleigh and Hughes meet.

This story is almost like three stories that intersect then finally join together around the middle of the book. I like that you really get to know Hughes and Barleigh separate first before their lives become intermingled. You can see that it is going to happen, but there really is two stories (three is pared down to two) going on until that point.

Orphan Moon is a great read that I would recommend to anyone who likes westerns, adventures, or romance (though I would say it is more adventure than romance for much of the story).


No comments:

Post a Comment