Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Review of The Key to Her Heart

I have completely enjoyed reading and reviewing the books that I have in the last few weeks.  In fact, I think I've found a new passion, but in so doing I neglected one book-- my own.  So here is a review of The Key to Her Heart.


Review of The Key to Her Heart

The Key To Her Heart is a romantic suspense about a woman-- Anna, and her quest to survive. Anna is all but destroyed by a beast of a man bent on possessing her, and nothing less will do. The rest of the story he hunts her. She has to learn many hard lessons on survival and the new definition of safety. Jesse, Anna's police detective brother, tries to help her, but no matter what he does she is not safe. Anna for her part has many secrets and as the story grows so do those secrets.

This story is also about unfailing love. First there is Patrick's love for Anna, then there is Anna's love for teens even if it might cost her much more pain. Anna's path is filled with lessons. The most important is to love the unlovable and to shun hate. She also must learn to accept someone's love for her. That is perhaps the toughest lesson.

I wrote this book, and so perhaps I have a different perspective, but as I am writing Patrick's Rose, I've had to go back and just read The Key to Her Heart. It is a heart filled story of love and heartbreak, and redemption. Anna does not remain the same character she is to begin with. She is faced with harrowing abuse that changes her, but it is a journey of healing and acceptance and mistakes that must be overcome. It is a story filled with pain and sorrow and fear. It doesn't feel like she gets a break at times. There were parts that brought tears to my eyes. I could darn near feel what she was going through. But I also cheered at her strength, even when it hurt her further.

If I could give The Key to Her Heart a rating it would probably be four stars. Though it is a fast pace story I don't answer all the questions. The emotion runs deep and though it starts a little slow, the story twists and turns and takes me places even while I was writing it, I didn't expect. So four stars. Maybe someone else would think different. But if I was reading this story from someone else this is what I would say. It is a good read, and I really like it. Of course I am the author I have to say that, right? Well you try it out, see what you think. How many stars would you give it? Obviously I can't put this review on Amazon or Goodreads, but I can share it here.


Below are links if you would like to read it, and maybe you will have your own opinion.  If you do please share either on Amazon, or Goodreads or in a comment here.

http://www.amazon.com/Key-Her-Heart-Family-ebook/dp/B00FS6MYR8

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/566759

Here is my book trailer:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=3&v=HkxjawolvFw

No comments:

Post a Comment