Saturday, September 12, 2015

Review of Like Fine Wine: A Head-To-Toe Youth Restoring Makeover For Ladies Over Forty

This book really did surprise me and I really liked it.  I want to share it also with ladies out there that are like me-- over forty and not willing to be anything less than wonderful!

 Julia Black's book piqued my interest because I am a lady over 40. So I sat down to read it. Usually beauty books are not my thing-- Color Me Beautiful being the exception to that rule, but I've got to say Like Fine Wine was a pleasant surprise. I enjoyed reading about beauty for women like me-- imperfect with my own set of issues. Julia had a way of reminding me that it was alright to decide to work on only what I wanted to and when I wanted to. She talked a lot about doing small things that came easy, and had such a positive perspective that I really felt comfortable reading and listening to the advise she gave.

Calling Like Fine Wine a beauty book probably isn't fair. Honestly it covers everything from outward appearance to inward attitude to poise and keeps in mind that us over forty year old women know ourselves better than anyone else. It's more of a strategy book to help you decide what you could change to become more of who you are inside. It talks about confidence and letting it show on the outside as well as giving different examples of big and little changes to be made to get to your goals. An example would be-- if you didn't like the creases on your forehead, you could do Botox or you could choose some wispy bangs to take the focus off those creases. She did not push Botox, or the other options she wrote about, or the wispy bangs. Each option was presented along with some guidelines about the price of such options, and the choice was left to the reader.

The book is written with dignity and with the thought of letting you think about what it is you want to change and giving you the options so you can decide for yourself. All in all it was a very good book, and if you are trying to figure out how to change how you present yourself or just want to update your look it would be a great resource. It got me thinking on a few of my own issues that perhaps I will do some changing on too.


For those of you who this review has piqued your interest like it did mine here is the link for Julia Black's Like Fine Wine:  http://www.amazon.com/Like-Fine-Wine-Head---Toe/dp/0996254706/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1442036785&sr=8-1&keywords=Like+Fine+Wine%3A+A+Head-To-Toe

No comments:

Post a Comment