Saturday, September 26, 2015

Review for Pretty Maidens All in a Row by J.M. Brown

Usually I stick with romance (Christian mostly) of the historical or high suspense category or Amish stories, but I have to tell you I am glad I don't set hard and fast rules, because this was an excellent read...  A dark, tense, intense read.  So here is my review below:




Review of Pretty Maidens All in a Row

J.M. Brown built a frightening thriller. I say built because each step is laid upon the other. The mind of Richard Reed is explored long before he attacks. The delusion and deception is pure evil, and you want to cringe as you read of his activities. You are along for the ride as an unstable mind becomes twisted in a black upside down world.

You know he is going to attack. The process makes you want to scream. You can see it happening, but can't stop it. He attacks and Mary Elizabeth's life is forever marked. At the same time her very survival afterward depends on Jack. In the story you will get to know Jack Ashton. He's Mary Elizabeth's music teacher. Their lives intersect through out the story.

Just as Mary Elizabeth's life truly recovers, strange things start happening once more. Again that same slow process begins, and you're left becoming more and more tense. This time you are wondering if it is Richard Reed getting ready to pounce or someone new. And is he going for Mary Elizabeth or Jack? Or both?


This is a dark descending tale of a broken girl and the evil pursuer that destroys all around her and anything like her just to let her know he is coming. His sickness seeps into your skin and just can't be shaken off.

It was well written and I hated when I had to set it down. Usually I read things that are light and airy. This was dark and dangerous. It made me wonder about children who are abused and neglected-- if they will grow to be threatening and menacing. Honestly, it haunted me and when I wasn't reading it I was thinking about the story wondering what would happen next. It is a longer book. So, as much as I wanted to, I could not read it in one sitting. But it 's length allowed the author to explore the story in a depth that is frightening. The suspense and expectation is intense.

I watched Mary Elizabeth and Sally's near perfect life, and enjoyed it, but also saw the dark one watching too. His plans were sinister and whether he realized it or not, meant for evil. His darkness takes over all the light and good. It was a suspenseful and all consuming read. I would highly recommend it for those who love thrillers and suspense. You won't be let down.

If you would like to read Pretty Maidens All in a Row, here is the Amazon link for it: 
 http://www.amazon.com/Pretty-Maidens-Row-J-M-Brown-ebook/dp/B00T3T3P1A/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1443300570&sr=1-1&keywords=pretty+maidens+all+in+a+row



No comments:

Post a Comment