Friday, September 4, 2015

Review of Magnolia Secrets By Beth Hale





Here is another review.  This book was quite a bit different from the last one I read, but still a really awesome read.



Magnolia Secrets by Beth Hale is a modern day romance with a few twists. It was written pretty straight forward, and though I wish there had been a little more tension and thrillerish scenes, the story never let me down! It kept me reading from the moment it began until the happy ending. I liked the suspense and action. There was not a dull moment. To boot the ending was just as it should have been.

My heart went out to Lainey. No woman should have to face what she must. Walker would agree with me! She needs help even though she would be the last to actually admit it. Walker is bound and determined to figure out her secrets, and once he figures it out, self appoints himself to be her helper. That doesn't always go well. I loved Lainey's compassion! Though she was in the middle of a horrible situation she still gave selflessly to those around her.

Walker earned my respect by listening to Lainey even though not understanding, at first, the reason for her rules. His boss, Lainey's husband Evan, shows himself to be jealous and merciless at times and yet Walker never losses his ethics-- I would have!

Both Lainey and Walker are stretched to the max with the circumstances they are forced to play a part in. As the situation builds they are faced with quite a bit of danger and an issue bigger than even Lainey's safety.

Not to spoil the story for you, but in the end, I was glad to see a little of a redemption for Evan, though his actions made my blood boil, and he really didn't deserve it.


Overall, it was a good read that I would recommend, especially to people who love a fast pace romance. Magnolia Secrets does not disappoint.  

No comments:

Post a Comment